Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Deactivated business rule Running in MS CRM


Problem Statement

I have designed a plugin which is supposed to do some calculation and update some fields accordingly. But I realize that fields were not getting updated with correct values. I started debugging my plugin and I observe that plugin is doing the correct calculations, but fields are getting updated with some other values.

There were
  • No other Plugins registered who would affect
  • No other Workflows which might cause this odd behavior
  • Business rules does exist but were in De-Activated state.

I observed that though Business Rules were in deactivated state, but the formulas defined within them are giving an exact result which my fields are showing.

Now the question is Business Rule under Default customization are in Deactivated state but they still running in background affecting my plugin calculation and overwriting values in the field.

How can I check which business rule are still running?




Solution
The most powerful and favorite tool for any Dynamic CRM lover – Advanced Find. I have put a simple query to find all processes


I can see that there where multiple business rule with same name but may be different version (due to solution installation) and few among them were Activate state, which appears to be deactivated under default customization.



We need to deactivate or delete the respective business rule which might be causing a problem in dynamic CRM operations.

I hope this could save a lot of time.

Regards,
Vipin Jaiswal


No comments: